The University of Virginia seeks a Communications Generalist to provide project support as necessary and as assigned by the Managing Director of Finance Strategic Projects.
The Financial Strategic Transformation (FST) is a comprehensive transformation initiative that includes culture change, business process improvement, and the implementation of Workday Financial Management. Reporting to the FST Communications Workstream Lead, this individual will to provide best in class communications support services to the UVAFinance organization. This Specialist-level position is responsible for assisting with a variety of Communications activities including writing, digital communications, and design. The position includes maintaining the implementation timeline, making program recommendations, and supporting the implementation of various Finance communications that align with the FST project’s mission.
Collectively UVAFinance is responsible for accounting & financial reporting, payroll services, financial planning & analysis, student financial services, procurement/ accounts payable, financial outreach & compliance, and treasury & risk management functions.
This position is initially limited to the duration of the project, currently estimated to be December 31, 2021.
- Develop systems and processes necessary for the tracking, planning, and execution of initiatives as assigned.
- Support staff by assisting with a range of activities, including meeting and presentation preparation, best practice and benchmarking research, and basic analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Manage regular and special events and meetings, including coordination of logistics, agendas, speakers, and post-event follow-up.
- Partnering with the FST Communications lead, develop and manage a comprehensive communications strategy.
- Develop professional communications across multiple mediums. Activities may include writing, editing, and visual design and layout.
- Identify target audiences and tailor messages as appropriate.
- Assist with outreach to stakeholders and handle incoming inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Communications
- Experience: At least three years of related professional experience.
- Demonstrated exemplary oral and written communication skills. Ability to synthesize, to articulate clearly, and to effectively convey information.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Complete tasks without immediate supervision.
- Working knowledge of a higher education institution's structures and functions, or the ability to immediately generalize knowledge from a comparable professional organization
For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Bethany Case, Academic Recruiter, at email@example.com. This position will be posted for 10 days internally, and will then be open to external applicants and remain open until filled.
Please apply through Workday, and search for ‘'Communications Generalist". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, title, relationship, email address, and telephone number) all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.